The $3,000.00 Merle Kirkley Merit Scholarship Award is a competitive merit-based scholarship program designed to provide financial support for Washington State high school students planning to obtain a post-secondary education. Applicants must demonstrate that their intent is to major, or obtain a certificate in, a field relating to educational facility planning and design. Fields related to educational facility design include (but are not limited to): school planning, architecture, engineering, product services and construction management.
The Merle Kirkley Merit Scholarship Award information packets, with all required submission forms are available on-line at http://a4le.org/websites/regions_and_chapters/File/2017%20Merle%20Kirkley%20Scholarship%20Application.pdf.
The entire scholarship submission requirements will be accepted by submitting, via email, by 5:00 p.m. on April 20, 2018.
1. High School transcript through the winter quarter [current year].
2. Name of institution you will attend with an accredited certificate or 4-year degree program
3. A completed Merle Kirkley Merit Scholarship Award Application Form (Form “A”).
4. A completed Merle Kirkley Merit Scholarship Commitment Form (Form “B”).
5. A completed Merle Kirkley Merit Scholarship Award Essay Form (Form “C”).
6. Copy of college application(s) and/or acceptance letter(s)
7. Two letters of character recommendation. (encouraged but not required)
Clarity of Expression – Is the material presented logical and coherent? Was the essay report carefully proofread for spelling and grammar? Did the narrative demonstrate completion of thought?
Creativity – Is the essay original and imaginative? Did the student develop new solutions or procedures? To what extent were the student’s talent and insight incorporated into the report? How did the student address any surprising or unforeseen developments?
1. A candidate can only receive one award throughout their educational career
2. Award may be used only for pre-approved tuition, fees, books, room and board
3. Recipient may defer up to one year the scholarship award after completion of high school
Announcement of Award (s)
We intend to announce winners no later than June 1, 2018. A press release will be sent to local media and the students’ schools announcing the winners.
Send completed information to:
Craig Stauffer, PCS Structural Solutions, 811 First Ave, Suite 620, Seattle, WA 98104
Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be answered by Craig Stauffer via email or at 206.292.5076