Ben Meadows Natural Resource Scholarships
Scholarships will be administered through the Society of American Foresters (SAF). All scholarship hopefuls must be enrolled in an accredited natural resource curriculum at an educational institution based in the USA. Applicants should be full-time students pursuing a two-year, four-year or post-graduate degree. Qualifying fields of study include, but are not limited to, agro forestry, urban forestry, environmental studies, natural resource management, natural resource recreation, wildlife management, wood science and fisheries.
- There will be two scholarships awarded in the amounts of $2,500 each. Ben Meadows is looking for students who stand out in achievement or leadership. Each award will be presented separately based upon acceleration in one of these qualifications. Awards are judged on the criteria shown below.
- Only one scholarship will be granted per person.
- Awards will be made payable to a specified educational organization that the winning awardee chooses and that amount shall be used for qualified tuition and related expenses. Qualified tuition and related expenses are tuition and fees required for enrollment and fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses of instruction at the educational organization.
- Awards are to be granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, sexual preference or disability.
- BASIS OF SELECTION
Basic Requirements for Both Scholarships
- a) Applicant must be enrolled in a qualifying two-year, four-year or post-graduate program during the year the scholarship will be awarded.
b) Applicant must provide one letter of recommendation from educational superior, such as professor, teacher, or advisor.
Judging Criteria for the Academic Achievement Scholarship
- a) List of clubs, activities, and years involved.
b) Summary or list of accomplishments relating to your field of study.
c) Essay of 300 words or less how these achievements have helped you grow individually and expand your interest in your field of study.
d) Cumulative GPA must be 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Judging Criteria for the Leadership Scholarship
- a) List of leadership roles, clubs, and years involved.
b) Summary of involvement and projects within leadership roles relating to your field of study
c) Essay of 300 words or less how these leadership roles have helped you grow individually and expand your interest in your field of study.
d) GPA must be 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Application Deadline June 30, 2018