CNC Router Operator
CNC Router Operator
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a Gerber Sabre 408 (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Professional use of production and design software including; Sai enroute, Flexi expert, Adobe illustrator, and Omega 5 / artpath 32.
• Knowledge of file formats to complete production tasks (dxf, eps, pdf, cad, gad, artpath, vector, etc.).
• Use of file formats and software to transfer, export, import & vectorize supplied artwork.
• Ability to create vector production files with supplied production prints and fabricators specifications (professional use of design software).
• Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
• Programs router by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, and geometry; proving part programs.
• Loads mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Share this Job
Back to Job Board