Marine Spill Response Corporation is a not-for-profit, U.S. Coast Guard Classified Oil Spill Removal Organization. MSRC was formed in 1990 to offer oil spill response services and mitigate damage to the environment. MSRC offers a full range of oil spill response capabilities intended to help meet the planning criteria of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
MSRC is offering an excellent career opportunity to performance Maintenance in a dynamic environment with the leader in the oil spill response industry. We are seeking a qualified individual who can perform preventative and basic corrective maintenance. Primary duty will be to assure proper mechanical operation of oil spill response equipment. This position possesses a broad range of mechanical skills, including experience with diesel engines, outboards, hydraulics, material handling, welding, fabrication and basic electrical skills.
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
* Recent experience in repairing and maintaining equipment
* Qualified in hydraulic and diesel repair is a plus
* Experience with marine equipment is a plus
* Experience in warehouse management (purchasing, shipping and receiving, inventory control)
* High level of attention to accuracy and detail
* Analytical thought process with problem solving mindset
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
* A Valid Drivers License
* Due to the emergency response nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment
is to be reachable 24 hours-a-day, and in the event of a response, report to work within two
(2) hours. Response activity may occur anytime, including weekends or holidays.
Employment is contingent upon:
Completion of a successful background check, Pre-hire medical exam and drug screen,
Ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC), and U.S. Passport
Successful completion of 40-Hour HAZWOPER training
Requires standing, lifting up to 45 lbs, the ability to wear the personnel protective equipment prescribed by posted signs and written instruction, work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, cold, rain or dry environments, various sea and environmental conditions, often wet/oily decks.
MSRC offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance including Supplemental and Dependent, employer matching 401(k) plan and much more! APPLY TODAY!
Share this Job
Back to Job Board