Cook - Part time
Cook - Part time
Two Cooks (part-time) needed for a 25 bed inpatient women's alcohol and chemical dependency treatment facility located in Kirkland, WA.
Must be experienced in all facets of quantity meal preparation, special diets, kitchen equipment operations and able to maintain established standards of sanitation and cleanliness. Institutional cooking and special diets (gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, etc) experience is a plus. Assist in controlling food costs and inventory. Reports to Food Service Manager and assists in preparation of weekly menus. Must be able to work independently without supervision, as it's a one cook kitchen.
Shifts are split between these two positions and we are flexible on which shifts will be assigned to both hires on a regular basis. We need someone to cook dinner Monday through Friday, 2:15pm – 6:15pm. On the weekends we need coverage on Saturdays 6:30am – 6:15pm and on Sundays 7:00am – 6:15pm.
Ability to read, write, and communicate well with others is required. Positions require occasional flexibility to fill in when other staff are absent. Ability to work extra hours for periodic special events. We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, life, LTD, vacation/sick time, 403(b) & FSA for positions that work 20 or more hours a week. Hourly rate $18-19/hour DOE. To apply email resume to Lori Fregin, Director of Administration at LFregin@residencexii.org
Part-time Cook Job Description
REPORTS TO: Food Service Manager
The Cook shall have no misuse of alcohol or drugs for a period of two years prior to time of employment at Residence XII and no misuse of alcohol or drugs while employed at Residence XII. Mandatory drug testing & background check upon hire.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Skillful in cooking, baking, dining room service, catering services & administration.
- Two years of culinary training or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Knowledgeable in every phase of activity in kitchen and dining rooms.
- Must have current T.B. Test
- Must have current State of Washington Food Handlers Permit
Essential Job Functions:
1. Work with the Kitchen manager to prepare and post weekly menus.
2. Cooking, baking, pantry management.
3. Daily basic cleaning.
4. Assist with special functions as necessary.
5. Control costs within predetermined levels.
6. Maintain highest level of sanitation in all areas and assure compliance with health care regulations.
7. Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
1. Standing frequently/constantly
2. Walking frequently
3. Sitting occasionally
4. Able to lift 50lbs
5. Able to carry 30lbs
6. Reaching (high/low) frequently
Share this Job
Back to Job Board