Mark Andrew Galloway was a 2006 graduate of Monroe HS and the Sno-Isle TECH Automotive Technician Program, where he was Student of the Year and a member of the National Technical Honor Society. He was working on his AA degree from the General Motors Automotive Service Education Program at Shoreline Community College and worked at Speedway Chevrolet in Monroe as a Service Technician and Performance Consultant at the time of his death. This scholarship in the amount of $1000.00, established in the memory of Mark, will be offered to a student in teh GM-ASEP Program at Shoreline Community College, with preference being given to a graduate, or soon to be graduate, of the Sno-Isle TECH Automotive Technician Program.
Scholarship is for SCC tuition and fees related to tuition, and/or books through the SCC Bookstore. It will also go towards the purchase of automotive tools and/or supplies. This scholarship has no cash value and is non-transferable. The award expires Spring 2019.
- Applicant must be a Washington State resident (as defined by the college).
- Applicant must have 2.0 clvl GPA or higher.
- Applicant must have applied to SCC.
- Applicant must be accepted into and/or enrolled in the SCC GM-ASEP Program
- Applicant cannot be related in the first degree to a person on the selection committee.