Blue Water Design Build
Ballard based General Contractor looking for a FULL TIME Lead Carpenter/ Foreman to join our growing team! We have consistent work in the North Seattle area, with jobs booked out until 2024. If you are looking to become our future Foreman, have construction experience and live in the North Seattle area and enjoy having a short commute, this position is for you.
At Blue Water Design Build we focus on all phases of single-family remodeling, and new construction. The ideal candidate for this position has 4+ years of construction experience in either residential remodels or new construction, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys seeing a project from start to finish and solving problems. Our team recently won a T- Rex award for Kitchen of the Year, and we pride ourselves on client satisfaction.
This position is full time Monday through Friday 7am- 3pm, with NO weekend or after-hours work required. We respect a good work life balance for our crew! Starting at $50/hr DOE + Full Employer Paid Medical Benefits!
• 4+ years Carpentry experience in general residential construction required.
• Some supervisory experience REQUIRED.
• Applicant should have journey-level skills and be able to work alone or with a crew to complete framing, window and door installation and interior finish work.
• Able to read, understand and interpret construction plans, sketches, and details
• Knowledge of proper sequence of construction
• Experience with all phases of rough and finish carpentry
• Good communication skills (English is required, Spanish is a bonus!)
• Professional attitude and appearance, non-smokers preferred
• Reliable, on time to work, dependable transportation (Public transit does not count)
• Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis, including lifting 50+ lbs
• Tools should include all basic hand tools and power tools customarily owned by carpenter
We are looking for someone with at least 4+ years of residential remodeling. IF YOU DON’T HAVE SOLID CARPENTRY SKILLS PLEASE DO NOT APPLY. THIS POSITION IS NOT A TRAINING POSITION. YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO SHOW UP, FULLY TOOLED AND READY TO WORK. If you fit these requirements and are looking for a growing company to work for, please submit your resume.