DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Basic maintenance, diagnostics and repair of a variety of systems on diesel powered construction equipment and trucks. Fleet inventory consists of service bodies, flatbed and box trucks, dump trucks, cranes, bucket trucks, mini-excavators, forklifts, backhoes, equipment trailers, etc.
• Perform annual chassis inspections according to DOT requirements.
• Tasks are required to be performed on construction sites and may be performed in inclement weather.
• Completion of post-secondary vocational diesel mechanic training.
• Current ASE Certifications in T2 (diesel engines), T4 (brakes), T6 (electrical), T8 (PM inspection)
• Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems, components and function.
• Must be familiar with modern diagnostic scanners.
• Must have basic computer skills for internal documentation, email and internet search.
• Within one year of employment, required to obtain a CDL Class B license and to pass a DOT physical (employer paid).
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Elcon Corporation, an EEO contractor, was founded in 1981 with a charter to provide quality electrical contracting services. Since that time, Elcon has developed a reputation as a capable and professional contracting organization and its successes in the core electrical business have led to diversification into related construction fields. Today Elcon serves a varied customer base and the company maintains a strong presence in power distribution and transmission, traditional electrical contracting, and general construction services within the Pacific Northwest. Elcon is a federal contractor strongly encouraging minorities and women to apply. You can learn more about Elcon Corporation by visiting: www.elconcorp.com.