This position is responsible for performing optical, electrical, and mechanical assembly of microscopes. While maintaining a productive work area
• Performing basic production activity according to the Work Instruction.
• Verifies parts issued match the bill of material.
• Able to follow direction and work instructions
• Proficiency in hand use of detail hand tools.
• Competent at soldering of simple through-hole and surface mount circuit boards.
• Use of powered screw-guns, drills, and other hand tools.
• Proficiency in hand use multimeters
• Proficiency in hand use of calipers and micrometers.
• Setup, test, and inspect finished Product
• Conducts final cometic inspection and serialization.
• Completes all necessary paperwork in accordance with procedures.
• Assist in stocking or unloading of shipped product
• Conducts spot inventory audits.
• Assists in screening non-conforming materials.
Education, Experience & Expectations
• Must have the ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing in the English language
• Reliable transportation. (Laxco is on Bothell Everett Hwy. and major bus line)
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Preferred associate degree or equivalent technical training
• Experience with electronic optical devices preferred
• Experience working with electronics and PCA standards preferred
• Proficient in the use of soldering irons and hand power tools a must
• Proficient in the use of electronic testing and measuring devices a must
• Mechanical, electrical, and optical assembly work