Marport Americas, Inc
Seeking a qualified Inhouse/Field Service Technician to add to the service team in Mukilteo. Must be a self-starter with customer service experience. The primary role of Inhouse/Field Service Technician is to positively contribute to service department success, improve overall customer satisfaction, maximize customer retention, and increase profitability. Direct communication about Trawl Sensor Solutions to our customers in assigned territory. Providing day-to-day hands-on technical support in Marine Electronics including installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In-house, hands-on troubleshooting, quality control and repairs of Trawl Sensors and Systems
• Via video collaboration tools, remote log-in, telephone, email etc.…
• Provide in field Trawl Sensor Solutions -support and service to customers
through installation, troubleshooting, repair, test tasks and maintenance to include
• shipboard networks and computers on commercial fishing vessels.
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
• Collect and analyze data on transducer impedance and output from sensor,
battery life, battery charging.
• Assist in new product development and product improvements.
• Work closely with corporate office as well as international field offices.
• Provide technical guidance and training to customers.
• Produce timely and detailed service reports
• Follow all company procedures and protocols
• Cooperate and communicate with technical team and share information
• Build positive relationships with customers
• Skilled technical professional with the ability to show, promote, service and
• Knowledge of the Marine Electronics industry preferred.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Detail, oriented, strong organizational, time management and multi-task skills.
• Willingness to travel – 25%
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• Knowledge of computers and software configuration needed.
• Microsoft Office Suite, Firmware, and configuration utilities.
• Knowledge of Apple/MAC helpful.
• Use of hand tools and basic test equipment use (Voltmeter, oscilloscope, and impedance tester).
• Understanding of proper safety procedures and use of safety equipment a must.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Prefer 1 or more years of experience in a Technical or Sales role within the Marine Electronics industry.
EDUCATION: Trade or Technical School Graduate
COMPENSATION: 401(k) /Mileage Paid /Dental insurance /Health insurance/ Life insurance /Paid time off /Vision insurance