Pilkington North America
Job Function: The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to provide excellent service to the customer by delivering glass promptly and courteously using excellent driving habits.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and maintain acceptable MVR according to Pilkington Auto Glass Replacement (AGR’s) standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Ability to read maps.
- Without assistance, must be able to lift windshields weighing 35-45 pounds average on a frequent/daily basis, and on occasion up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to operate a forklift, order picker, and basic hand tools.
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be able to work in temperatures similar to outdoors within the area of assigned service center.
- Good customer relations (verbal and written).
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written)
- Personal Computer skills including computerized inventory system.
- Previous driving, material handling, and glass experience.
- Delivers glass to customers promptly.
- Develops and maintains good customer relations at all times.
- Develops and maintains positive local work environment at all times.
- Works closely with the lead person to achieve a high level of complete customer service.
- Receives orders from warehouse office.
- Locates required parts in warehouse and removes from stock.
- Visually inspects glass and loads parts accurately on the truck.
- Receives glass shipments and unpacks incoming trucks.
- Stocks the warehouse, putting parts in their assigned racks.
- Checks inventory to maintain its accuracy.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assists local management in maintaining inventory system accuracy through cycle and physical inventory instructions.
- Assists local management in coordinating driver delivery routes.
- Locates and pulls product for will-call customers and completes necessary paperwork for proof of pick-up.
- Takes orders from customers over the phone in a professional manner when customer service representative is unavailable.
- In cases of emergency or an injury or accident, notifies manager of incident immediately and assist as needed. Actively participates in team meetings.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, by local management.
Authority and responsibility for quality for this position is defined in the Quality Manual/local documentation and apply as appropriate.