Prestige Post Acute and Rehab Center-Edmonds
In this role, you would be providing quality nursing care to our residents, implementing specific procedures and programs, coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments. In addition, you would be collaborating with other clinical team members to offer the best in care for our residents.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Nursing Assistant Certified – NAR/NAC/CNA role and what can we offer you?
The ability to be a part of a high performing team of clinicians and caregivers that offer the best in care to our residents.
Enjoy a strong promote-from-within culture – if you want to get in a company where you can be promoted, make more money and have more responsibility, we have that for you.
Be a part of a 35+ year old family-owned and operated organization with over 75 locations.
Strong base wage, robust and comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, EAP, 401k, etc.
Eight Hour Shifts Full or Part Time.
A defined career path – the possibilities are endless!
In this job, every day you will…
1. Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality while providing individualized attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and answering residents’ call lights promptly and courteously.
2. Understand and ensure that individualized care plans are followed and providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information, changes and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
3. Attend to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals’ care requirements.
4. Provide care that maintains each resident’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
5. Protect the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy.
6. Perform various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents’ weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving, and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
7. Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies while performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
8. Incorporate the Life Story and 100 Things About Me information into routine tasks and ADL’s for Expression memory care residents.
Education & Experience you need to qualify:
A high school diploma or equivalent. Must hold current Nursing Assistant Certification in State or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment.
A minimum of three months’ prior nursing assistant experience in long-term care preferred.
Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems.