JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant
COMPANY NAME: Puget Sound Christian Clinic
LOCATION: Lynnwood, WA
SUPERVISOR: Dental Manager
STATUS: Part-Time temporary position, 1-2 days per week from 8:00am-4:00pm
PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of the Dental Assistant is to ensure that the clinical aspect of PSCC’s dental clinic runs smoothly, so that high quality dental care is provided.
The Dental Assistant’s primary responsibilities revolve around providing quality dental care through a smoothly operating dental clinic. As such, the Dental Assistant will:
• Assist Dental Manager and dentists with patient care.
• Maintain an organized and clean back-office space (operatories, lab, sterilization).
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communications with patients and volunteers.
• Ensure the safe use of PSCC equipment/facilities and maintain OSHA and WISHA safety standards.
• Evaluate adequacy of and inventory dental supplies, instruments, and equipment.
• Order or otherwise procure needed supplies.
• Assist the Dental Manager in coordinating a referral system for patients in need of care beyond our core services.
• Pray with patients and volunteers upon request and as appropriate.
• Assist in administrative duties, as needed, including coordinating volunteer scheduling, data collection, reporting, patient scheduling, etc.
• Attend all PSCC meetings and training sessions, as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education: Must be a registered dental assistant. Expanded function training preferred.
• Experience: 2 years of experience as a dental assistant preferred. Experience with Eaglesoft preferred. Experience within a community healthcare setting preferred.
• Proficiencies: Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Bilingual skills preferred.
• Abilities: A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients. An individual with a work history of completing tasks in a timely manner, while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive. Must maintain up-to-date immunizations and CPR/First Aid training.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the company contact to apply.
Share this Job
Back to Job Board