Radiant Vision Systems
Have a knack for seamlessly orchestrating production and leading people? Then the Production Supervisor position at Radiant is the role for you! With an analytical mind and detailed understanding of complex manufacturing processes, the Production Supervisor is critical to maintaining production capacity, assembling, calibrating, and testing of our products, as well as helping with the root cause analysis of manufacturing defects and leading the team. The successful candidate will have familiarity with production environments, experience leading, training, and delegating work, with a willingness and capability to learn light measurement and calibration concepts, and an enthusiastic attitude toward building quality products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Product assembly, calibration, repair, and packaging
• Coordinate and monitor flow of production orders, able to forecast work and notice potential problems in workflow
• Help the team achieve company goals by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results
• Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency and materials supply
• Operation of production lab instruments
• Perform QC tests verifying output meets expected standards
• Design of experiments to analyze and improve production processes
• Coordinate production tasks to meet assigned schedule
• General laboratory, office maintenance and support
• Create and maintain calibration documents and quality records
• Develop ideas for continuous improvement in production
• Support employee hiring, onboarding, and training
• Oversee and coach employees, leading by example
• Assign daily tasks to production technicians pertaining to manufacture of products
• Prepare and present reports on performance and progress
• Adherence to safety procedures
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering, systems engineering, industrial engineering, or relevant degree
• 2+ years in production/technical environment, to include at least 1 year experience as a Lead/Supervisor
• Knowledge of electromechanical assembly including the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
• Ability and willingness to learn basics of new technical subjects including optics, photometry, and metrology.
• Good practical experience with MS Office.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills together with results-driven approach.
• Self-motivated and an efficient problem solver.
• Solid coaching and communication skills.
• Eye for quality, excellent problem-solving skills, and a strong work ethic.
• Ability to write reports legibly and accurately.