RDF Builders Co.
At RDF Builders Co. , we like to roll up our sleeves, work with our project teams, and build something that benefits where we live, work, and play. If you enjoy working with a diverse group of people who build communities together, then RDF is a great place for you to build your career.
We are looking for an Equipment Yard Mechanic to join our team. RDF Builders is proud to offer special training to our employees to help meet job requirements.
This position is based in Seattle, Washington
You will be expected to perform your work by:
– Servicing and repairing construction equipment and machinery including diesel equipment/motors
– Performing regular maintenance and repair of small tools
– Loading and unloading tools and equipment into trucks
– Ordering and picking up service tools and supplies
– Occasionally making deliveries to jobsites
*Please note that a vehicle will be provided during work hours for job tasks*
To thrive in this role, you will need:
– A good driving record, a valid driver’s license, basic knowledge of the Tacoma and Seattle metro areas.
– Required Certifications: Reach Truck, Forklift, Aerial (boom) Lift, & Scissor Lift Operator cards are preferred, though we
can provide the training if necessary.
– Good organizational skills to serve you well when you are maintaining an organized inventory and filing system.
– An understanding of construction equipment, tools, and materials
– Two to four years of previous mechanic experience repairing tools and heavy equipment/machinery, including diesel
We encourage you to apply for this opportunity if you think you are a good fit, you can work independently, and you are a team player.
Wage range $32.00 – $40.00 per hour.
Health, vision and dental. Annual bonus (not guaranteed, awarded at the discretion of the employer). Basic Life and AD&D insurance (employer paid). Wellness benefits. Paid time off. Employee Assistance Program (employer paid). Mass transit program. Fraud resolution and identity theft services. 401 (k) plan. Robert D. Forster Scholarship. Tuition reimbursement program.
RDF is committed to the principles upon which equal employment laws and regulations are based. RDF recruits, hires, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans’ status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status unrelated to a particular job’s requirements or an individual’s performance and qualifications. The concept of equal employment opportunity applies at all RDF operations. The company is strongly committed to this policy, and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.