Snow & Company
This position maintains the general organization and cleanliness of the shop along with assisting in the removal of debris and trash from production areas. This position will also assist as needed with the day-to-day maintenance and minor repair of facility systems and equipment, and with the running of the tool room. Day-to-day maintenance duties may include assisting in minor electrical and plumbing repairs, replacing light bulbs, minor building repairs (i.e., gutters,
sinks, doors, etc.) maintenance of yard equipment, operating forklifts and keeping the facility organized and clean.
Typical Daily Tasks:
• Keep the facilities general work yard organized and clean.
• Ensure proper company marking/labeling and identification on items and storage
• Keep tools, consumables, and other materials organized
• Organize and replenish inventory
• Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion
• Move materials and equipment around the yard with a forklift
This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities.
• Must have a general familiarity with tools and parts
• Well organized with attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
• Punctual with high attendance rate
• Must be willing and able to support a safe work environment
• Works well independently and as a team
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Marine Mechanical or Industrial background preferred
• Mechanically inclined and have minor maintenance experience
• Experience working with maintenance and manufacturing personnel is a plus
• Washington State Driver’s License with a clean driving record
Work is conducted in a dynamic, fast-paced shipyard with moderate to loud noise levels from production activity in the shipyard. The individual will be required to be in production areas in yard and onboard vessels. He/she must be able to walk to and from job sites. The person must be able to climb inclined stairways and vertical ladders; to enter confined areas and tanks; to work at heights. He/she may be required to work more than 8-hour shifts and weekends. The incumbent must be able to frequently bend, squat, crawl, twist and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Snow & Company Perks:
• Positive work environment
• 100% paid medical & vision insurance for employee, spouse, dependents
• Dental insurance
• Options for life insurance
• 401k plan
• Competitive pay
• Holiday pay
• Opportunity to grow
• Working in the exciting young community of the Ballard Shipyard, this is not corporate.
Pay $19-$32 per hour, DOE
Snow & Company:
We are a leading boatbuilder and ship repair company in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. We build commercial vessels for the fishing industry, government agencies, tugboat operators, aquaculture companies and other marine businesses. Additionally, we perform overhauls and repairs to vessels. Located on the ship canal we have modern enclosed fabrication halls along with waterfront repair facilities.
Located on the Burke Gillman bike trail and within one block of the Metro bus, we are a commuter friendly workplace.
Snow & Company, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Snow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Snow & Company, Inc. is considered an essential business and strictly follows the COVID-19 General Workplace Requirements as stated by the State of Washington Dept of Labor and Industries. Send resumes in confidence to email@example.com . For more information, please visit Snow & Company on the web at www.snowboatbuilding.com