Werner Paddles Inc.
Operates and programs our (NC) machines, such as lathes, mills, and router tables, etc. Uses Solidworks designs with Mastercam to create tool paths to efficiently produce high-quality parts. Able to set up machines, write and test programs, and adjust as needed. In addition, precision measuring instruments are used to ensure that completed parts meet specifications. Must be positive and enthusiastic about working in a team to challenge existing processes and product designs and to facilitate positive change towards both.
Specific Responsibilities: Shop support for CNC machines
• Understand, adhere, and demonstrate our commitment to safety and quality.
• Material preparation, Support raw material inventory and organization
• Machine set up and tear down.
• Run programs on CNC machines.
• Manual machining as needed.
• Troubleshoots, operates, and help maintain all CNC equipment.
• Support production, Engineering and Maintenance as needed.
• Create tool paths.
• Proficient at reading and understanding of G & M codes.
• Repairs and supports all CNC jigging, part fixtures.
• Machines and fabricates aluminum, steel and wood molds and fixtures.
• Trains production CNC operators as needed.
• Work with engineering on best tooling practice and design.
• Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Complete assigned projects and tasks to implement innovative equipment, tooling, processes, and methods that enhance quality and efficiency, improve safety, and increase profitability.
• Maintain project schedule and control project costs by monitoring progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems, and preparing project status reports.
• Maintain an organized network file structure.
• This position will involve many other tasks, responsibilities and projects that are not listed. The above job description is a highlight of some of the larger duties.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent technical project management skills
• Track-record of innovation and self motivation in solving problems and
• Must be self-motivated and a contributing team member.
• Good interpersonal relations and communication skills
• Must keep company information confidential.
• Organized and orderly
• Good attendance record
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to keyboard, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally the employee must stoop, crouch, bend, and twist.
The employee must regularly lift and move 10-20 pounds and occasionally lift 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment and frequently works with products in the production area and near moving mechanical tools and/or parts.
The noise level in the work environment is low in the office and loud in production.
The employee may work in a hot or cold environment when in the production area.
Education and Experience Required:
• 5 years’ experience with software-controlled machines used in manufacturing.
• Proficient in the use Microsoft Office
• Proficient in the use of Mastercam
• Experience with CNC controllers in a manufacturing environment
Education and Experience Preferred:
• Proficient in the use of Solidworks
• Experience with lean manufacturing
• Experience working with composite materials and lamination processes.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment documenting, designing, fabricating, assembling, and debugging machinery and manufacturing processes.
Werner Paddles, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.