National Youth Safety Essay Scholarship Contest
NATIONAL YOUTH SAFETY
ESSAY SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Contest begins January 1, 2022 and ends December 31, 2022. Each quarterly entry period begins at 12:00 AM Central Standard Time (CST) on the first date of each quarter and ends at 5:00 PM CST on the last day of the quarter. The Entry Period for each quarter is as follows:
- Quarter 1: January 1st – March 31st
- Quarter 2: April 1st – June 30th
- Quarter 3: July 1st – September 30th
- Quarter 4: October 1st – December 31st
How to Enter
Contestants can enter the CareerSafe Essay Contest at any time by either submitting their written essay online through the CareerSafe website, or by mail to the CareerSafe Main Office. The day your submission is digitally submitted or postmarked by mail will determine the quarter your essay will be judged.
Each entry must have a sponsor (e.g. teacher, mentor, adviser, or parent/guardian). Additionally, students must have completed at least one of the following CareerSafe courses:
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Healthcare)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Agriculture)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Automotive)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Culinary)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Manufacturing)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Cosmetology)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Veterinary)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Public Safety: EMS)
Essays must be either written or video essays. Written essays must be 800 words or less; typed, double-spaced in 12-point Arial font or an equivalent font; numbered pages with one-inch margins. Video essays must be an oral presentation in front of the camera, approximately 60-90 seconds long, and exported in either a .mp4 or .mov format.
Submit Your Essay:
If you want to submit by mail: If you would prefer, you can submit your essay scholarship submission by mail. Print out your essay and attach the official entry form and consent and release from liability form. You can mail the envelope to CareerSafe, at: 1005 University Drive East, College Station, TX 77840.