Travers Tool for Schools Scholarship
TRAVERS TOOL FOR SCHOOLS METALWORKING SCHOLARSHIPS
Sharing our expertise with those that share our passion for the industry is the founding principle of the Travers Tool For Schools program, and we are thrilled to partner with Dynabrade to offer (3) annual metalworking scholarships that each provide $500 USD worth of tools to students pursuing careers in manufacturing. Awarded to one underclass (freshmen through junior class) high school student, one high school senior class student, and one college student, these tool scholarships are designed to lessen the financial burden students face and allow them join the ranks of the skilled machinists, CNC operators, welders and exacting craftsmen that make up the fabric of the manufacturing industry.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A TRAVERS TOOL FOR SCHOOLS SCHOLARSHIP
PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.A or Canada
- Enrolled as a high school underclassmen (grades 9-11), a high school senior (grade 12), or college student
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older
- Carry a status of “good standing” (i.e. currently enrolled)
- Must consent to picture being shared on social media and Travers website
- May not be a previous Travers Scholarship winner
- Applications must be received by by December 31, 2020
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- Contact information: First & last name, and your email address
- Personal essay: limited to three paragraphs, and between 500 and 1,500 words — about yourself and your interest in metalworking and manufacturing.
- Project review detailing: in writing, and with pictures and/or diagrams describing a machining project that you completed. It should cover the tools you used, your deployed methods, and it should explain the goal of your completed work. Send all information listed directly above to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Please note: There is no formal printed scholarship application form, all necessary information and instructions are on this page. No need to print this page; just send your written response and contact information to the email listed above. Do not send any letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs. By applying, all applicants grant permission for Travers Tool to publish any photos submitted and publicly announce winner.