Washington State Opportunity Scholarship – Career & Technical Scholarship
Apply now for the Career and Technical Scholarship provided by the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship program! The Career and Technical Scholarship (CTS) provides Washington state residents with $1,500 per quarter towards an eligible associate degree, certificate or apprenticeship in a trade, STEM or health care field. Funding can be used at any Washington state community or technical college and can be used to cover tuition, fees and other costs of attendance such as housing, transportation, food and more.
The Application for the Career and Technical Scholarship is open now until October 22 for winter quarter start date.
Access the application here: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ctsapplicationfall
2020-21 Application Timeline: Key Milestones & Dates
WSOS accepts applications for the CTS three times each academic year. Approximately half of the scholarships are awarded for the fall, with the other half awarded between the winter and spring. The table below shows the timelines for each scholarship window.
|Application milestone||Fall Quarter Dates||Winter Quarter Dates||Spring Quarter Dates|
|Application opens||April 6, 2020||September 2020||January 2021|
|Application deadline||June 4, 2020||October 2020||February 2021|
|Transcripts/GED scores (if applicable)||June 4, 2020||October 2020||February 2021|
|FAFSA/WASFA submitted||June 4, 2020||October 2020||February 2021|
|Selection notification||July 2020||November 2020||March 2021|
Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Washington state resident as defined by the state.
- Earn a high school diploma or GED from a Washington state institution before the application deadline.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) for the relevant academic year by the application deadline.
- Apply for Federal Education Tax Credits, if eligible.
- Have a family income at or below 125% of Washington state median family income based on family size.
- Plan to enroll in an eligible program for the upcoming term.
- Plan to enroll at an eligible Washington state community or technical college for the upcoming term.
- Plan to enroll in at least six credits every term. Scholars are not required to enroll in summer term.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
- Do not have a bachelor’s degree.